Happy 9 months Lili!
9 months of nursing (and counting!)
At 9 months, Lili:
- Does not yet crawl but is working on it very hard (and gets so frustrated, poor thing)
- Eats everything put in front of her and especially likes things she can hold and put in her mouth herself (favorites include blueberries, chicken, black beans, pieces of cereal)
- Is getting very good at the pincer grasp (thumb/forefinger pinch)
- Loves to stand while holding hands or holding whatever she's near but can't pull herself up yet
- Sits like an expert
- Waves and says something that sounds like "hi"
- Says "Mama" or "mamama" or such, and is working on the "dada" sounds - seems to associate these with the people
- Definitely knows and responds to her name
- Naps 1-3 times per day, seems to average about twice a day
- Is in the 30th percentile for height and 10th for weight but growing and staying on her growth curve and is very healthy
- Is very cute and sweet and friendly with smiles but also shy and clingy to Mama
- Loves her brother and is excited to see him again when he's been away (such as at preschool)
- Also is excited to see her Daddy when he comes home from work