Wednesday, June 3, 2015

survey of the kids

WITHOUT ANY prompting, ask your child these questions and write down EXACTLY what they say. It is a great way to find out what they really think. When you re-post put your child's age.
Joey - 8.5 years old (J)
Lili - 5 years old (L)
1. What is something mom always says to you? 
J: I love you!
L: Lovie [what I call her]
2. What makes mom happy? 
J: when I behave good, when I say she's pretty, and I love her, & when we have fun together
L: me!
3. What makes mom sad? 
L: when I'm not there
J: when I'm not there/when I misbehave
4. How does your mom make you laugh?
J: When she does the "Butthead dance" [as seen here https://youtu.be/QEkZSAVehkk?t=7s ], and when she makes a joke
L: she tickles me in my armpit
5. What was your mom like as a child?
L: she had long hair, and she was very pretty
J: same thing!
6. How old is your mom?
L: 18 [!!]
J: 38 [correct]
7. How tall is your mom? 
L: 39" [she counted her way up my body and got to 39 and decided that's how tall I was]
J: 5'7"? [I'm 5'4"]
8. What is her favorite thing to do?
L: hug me and Joey
J: when we play together, and hug me
9. What does your mom do when you're not around?
L: sits waiting for me to come back [oh, kids...]
J: texts on her phone, and reads chapter books
10. If your mom becomes famous, what will it be for? 
L: singing
J: doing the Butthead dance [he was making himself laugh a lot once he started thinking/talking about this], and eating the most tacos [???]
11. What is your mom really good at? 
J: singing Tegan & Sara songs, doing the Butthead Dance & other dances, running with Louise
L: hugging and kissing me
12. What is your mom not very good at? 
L: going away from me
J: beatboxing, breakdancing, I don't know
13. What does your mom do for a job? 
L: her work job is helping computers if they have no batteries
J: on computers like if someone has a problem then you fix it and work around in the office and taking Louise on most of the walks
14.What is your mom's favorite food?
J: tacos
L: tacos [clearly I've made an impression]
15.What makes you proud of your mom? 
L: she picks up Louise [??]
J: she runs 5k races and I can't even run 3k!
16. If your mom were a character, who would she be? 
L: Sleeping Beauty or Elsa
J: Tegan or Sara or the best mom ever
17. What do you and your mom do together? 
L: bake
J: walk Louise, bake cookies & stuff, cook chili
18. How are you and your mom the same? 
L: both have short hair & we're the same height [???], we're both pretty, we both have noses, eyebrows, necklaces, fingers, hands...
J: our faces get red when we run a lot & get really sweaty, same eyebrows, we are both really special, we both like Seahawks, chocolate, french fries, and tacos
19. How are you and your mom different? 
L: she wears glasses and I don't, dark hair/light hair, she's wearing socks and I'm not; you have a ring and I don't; you're big I'm small
J: I'm a boy, you're a girl; you're big, I'm medium; you wear glasses and I don't; you wear necklaces often and I don't; I'm faster [running] and you're slightly slower
20. How do you know your mom loves you? 
J: hugs me, kisses me, takes care of me, not mean to me, cares for me
L: we're your kids, you love us, you care for us
21. What does your mom like most about your dad?
L: because he's your husband and you kiss and hug and I love him and he loves you
J: he's handsome, he farts a lot [???], he plays videogames a lot, he likes the Seahawks
22. Where is your mom's favorite place to go? 
L: Acapulco Fresh
J: lots of places
23. How old was your Mom when you were born?
L: 100 "she's older than she is now! *fit of giggles*
J: 29 or 30.... 29! [correct!]

No comments: